5 Things I Can’t Live Without12 Aug 2016, by Make Me Want To Shop Monday in
“What’s the one thing you can’t live without?”
That’s a loaded question. Especially for a home redesigner like the team at Agricola Redesign. It’s a common question we get from clients and others in the industry who are searching for the perfect home design accessories.
The design team just returned from AmeicasMart Atlanta, where we spent the week participating in design education conferences and buying items to bring back to A Village Gift Shop and to use in our work with clients.
We’re so excited to bring some of the new items back, that we just have to share the 5 things we can’t live without:
1. We love using small, artificial succulents on trays, or tucking them away in a bookcase. It not only adds just the right pop of greenery, but it also brings texture into the room. People are starting to step away from silk plants and turning to succulents, which, when clustered together, can be a much bigger design element for a room.
2. Clients love family message centers, and with everyone’s busy lifestyles it seems to be the best way to stay in touch with each other (cell phones aside). When we saw this large message center, we knew we had to have it to bring into clients’ homes. It features colander clips and a chalkboard, so you can leave notes to each other while also creating a fun spot for everyone to stay organized.
3. Don’t drink wine? That’s OK, you can still purchase this beautiful wine rack and use it as a towel holder in the bathroom. It’s a way to add extra storage to a space-challenged bathroom while keeping the space unique to your design preference.
4. We are obsessing over these large metal flowers that come in both large and small size. They’re perfect to use as wall art, and we’re absolutely loving the way the flowers look on a stone fireplace. The small metal flowers also look great laying flat on a table with a simple candle inside, or on the wall next to the large flower. No matter how you set it up, it’s sure to be a conversation starter at your next gathering.
5. One home design trend you can be sure will never go out of style are candles. You can find Ella B candles at A Village Gift Shop. They even feature a scene for each neighborhood in Cincinnati (and elsewhere). The jars are simple and perfect with a round silver bumble bee tag and are great to fit in with any home decor style.