What Isn’t Working in Your Home’s Decor?22 Jul 2016, by Tips From The Designers Tuesday in
We are often asked at a consultation, “how do I make my home feel more up-to-date?” Sometimes, it isn’t what you own but how what you already own is arranged.
With the Redesign Training offered at Agricola Redesign, we are able to see your rooms and furnishings with fresh ideas.
Did you know that every room’s shape has a certain way furnishings should be placed? For example, if the room is rectangular then furnishings should not be up against the walls because it will make the room look longer and more narrow.
Check out these tips for updating your home’s look:
- If the room is a rectangular shape, consider putting furnishings on an angle.
- Give your dining room chairs a fresh new appearance by replacing the fabric on the seat cushions.
- Paint an old light fixture to give it a new look. You may also consider replacing dated lamp shades for a fresh, look.
- Rather than replacing pieces in your home, simply repurpose them. You could paint an old side table and turn it into a nightstand.
- Replace accessories like a lantern, tray, or decorative candles.
When looking for items to help update the look of your home, visit A Village Gift Shop at the Century House. You’ll find items like lamps, mirrors, trays, lanterns, and much more!