10 Reasons to Professionally Stage Your Home for the Spring Market07 Mar 2016, by Tips From The Designers Tuesday in
The spring buying season is almost upon us, and that means sellers will be flocking to list their homes. With so many homes on the market, it’ll be stiff competition for sellers who are looking to get out of their current home and into a new one.
Those who want to sell their homes quickly (or at all) should consider having their home professionally staged. If you’re currently on the fence about whether or not to spare the expense, here are 10 reasons why you should go the professional staging route:
- When a home is professionally staged – as opposed to showing potential buyers how you live in it – your home will look better than other homes on the market. Imagine if you showed your home the way it’s decorated right now, do you think buyers would be jumping at the bit to put in an offer? If you answer is no, then you’ll definitely want a professional stager to help you get it prepared for open house events and showings.
- Statistics show that homeowners who have their home professionally staged will sell faster – as much as 73% faster. Less time on the market means a greater chance that you’ll get your asking price (or pretty close to it).
- Have you ever done some house hunting online to find that the pictures listed just weren’t that great? Well, a home that’s been professionally staged isn’t going to give you those feelings when you see it in pictures. It will look well put together, clean, and easy on the eyes – which is everything you want when a prospective buyer is looking at a print or Internet ad for your home.
- The better your home looks, the more foot traffic it’s going to get. And the more foot traffic it gets, the more likely you’ll be able to find a buyer. You can’t really sell a house that people aren’t looking at, and if it isn’t staged well people aren’t going to want to look at it. You can get people through the door (and hopefully at the negotiating table!) with a little staging!
- When a home is staged well, it’s sure to sweep buyers off their feet. It’s like the day you found the love of your life or your wedding dress – you couldn’t stop thinking about it. If you can get a buyer to fall in love with your home and help it get to the top of their “must-see” list, you’re that much closer to making a deal and becoming the one who is looking to fall in love, again.
- Let’s face it, if you see a house that isn’t staged well and looks a little messy you’re probably not going to think of it as very well maintained. When a home looks good, it lets buyers know that you’ve been taking care of it since the day you moved in.
- If you decide to professionally stage your home, potential buyers are going to see it as more move-in ready than other homes that aren’t staged. When your home is staged, it gives the appearance that there aren’t any projects that need to be done, because everything looks as though it’s in place and ready for the new owners.
- Buyers will have less reason to ask for concessions if a home is professionally staged. As mentioned above, your home will look move-in ready and like it’s been well maintained since you purchased it, so they won’t feel like they need to ask for the carpets to be replaced or new kitchen cabinets.
- Prospective buyers will see your home continue to pop up in their mind when it’s professionally staged. They’ll remember how nice it looked and start to compare your home to every single one they visit.
- The most important reason you should have your home professionally staged is because the cost to have it staged by a professional is always less expensive than a price reduction. The longer your house is on the market, the lower potential buyers will offer for your home. You’ll be thanking yourself that you opted for the professional staging route when you get your asking price after having your home on the market for just a few weeks (or even days) compared to the price you’ll have to settle for when it’s been on the market for months (or even years).
Agricola Redesign can help you get your home ready for the spring buying market. Contact us to help get you started today!